Technical Assistance services is an area where the Council for Opportunity in Education provides much-needed and requested support for TRIO and other educational opportunity programs. This targeted approach connects TRIO professionals, institutional or agency partners, and other educational opportunity programs to experienced and innovative college access and success professionals. Popular areas of technical assistance include the following:
- 1:1 Coaching Program for New Directors | Professional coaching from a seasoned TRIO professional that provides new directors with dedicated support to ensure their success.
- Compliance Assessment (Mock Site Visit)
- New grantee? Tips on How to Begin | On-site new program start up assistance with implementing a new project, including putting a grant proposal plan of operation into practice. May include assisting with hiring, recruiting, and selecting students, setting up a program within the institution and with external communities or schools, developing various forms, and establishing documentation and recordkeeping practices.
- Program Evaluation | Provides a detailed evaluation, including interviews with key stakeholders on your campus, and provides a final report with recommendations to strengthen your program.
- Fiscal Authority and Accountability
- APR Assistance | Personalized support to assist your program with preparing and submitting the annual performance report (APR).
- Legislation and Regulations Training for Institutional or Agency Teams | Individual or agency teams program training on the legislation, program, and fiscal regulations that govern your program.
Technical Assistance options are available virtually or in person, and the costs vary depending on the service.
Please get in touch with Jordana Adelman via e-mail at [email protected] for more information.
Enhance the services you provide low-income, first-generation students and students with disabilities to increase their changes of success.
P6: Management Institute for New TRIO Directors
Become a Higher Ed Whisperer: Let COE Help You Demonstrate Program Effectiveness Using Best Practices
Spotlight on the I’m First! Guide to College
Professional Ethics in an Access and Success Program